Reading Time: 7 Minutes Only
In India, whenever a person goes to buy a refrigerator, he/she definitely looks at the BEE label on it. But, this is not the case with the side-by-side door refrigerator. As we know, BEE does not provide Energy Star ratings for bigger-size refrigerators like side-by-side and French doors. But now things have changed as Samsung has recently launched its side-by-side refrigerators with BEE star ratings.
Till now we have seen BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) star ratings only on single and double-door refrigerators. However, this is due to Samsung’s vision or obsession with its energy-efficient refrigerators. We also get to see the BEE Energy Star rating in its Side By Side refrigerators. Now we get full information about energy consumption and saving by a side-by-side refrigerator from an authorized source.
Let’s find out ahead how many star ratings Samsung’s side-by-side refrigerators got from BEE and more information like this. So keep reading.
How many star ratings did Samsung Side by Side Refrigerators receive from BEE?
As per the information launched by Samsung, its complete range of Convertible 5-in-1 Side-by-Side refrigerators received BEE star ratings. The refrigerator range got 5-star, 3-star, and 2-star ratings from the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE). Along with Samsung’s normal side-by-side refrigerators, its Bespoke side-by-side refrigerator range has also got Energy Star ratings from BEE.
Also Read: What is Convertible Refrigerators? Is it worth buying? - Explained
And the Samsung Made History
With this event, Samsung became the first brand to receive a 5-star rating from BEE for Side By Side refrigerator. The model which gets a 5-star rating is (RS76CG8115B1HL) and comes with a convertible (5-in-1) 653-liter capacity and Black Matt Colour.
What Benefits Users Will Get With a Star-rated Samsung Side-By-Side Refrigerator
The biggest benefit users get from a star-rated refrigerator is the valuable information regarding its energy efficiency. Information like energy consumption, energy saving, and CO2 emission reduction of a refrigerator per year. And, as it is for a side-by-side refrigerator, which is supposed to consume high energy due to its large size and many features. In particular, having such information would be great for consumers as it would enable them to differentiate between different refrigerators (in terms of energy efficiency) and make better purchasing decisions.
Let’s take an example of a BEE 5 Star rated Samsung Side by Side refrigerator, which saves you about 444 kWh of energy annually. And, when it comes to Carbon emissions, it emits 359 Kg less carbon into the environment as compared to 1 star rated refrigerator.
Buying a refrigerator with a BEE star rating is not only good for your pocket but for the environment also. The higher the star rating the more energy efficient your side-by-side refrigerator will be. Whereby, it proves easy on your pockets in the long run by consuming less energy.
The second-best benefit is that all of this valuable information has been provided by a BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) an organization regulated by the government of India. BEE star label on the refrigerator or even any other appliance is like a trust factor for the consumers towards the energy efficiency of the appliance.
This initiative by the Indian government encourages consumers to buy an energy-efficient refrigerator or appliance. Due to this, we humans can save electricity as well as reduce huge amounts of carbon footprints in the environment for a better tomorrow.
Special Features Get With These BEE rated Side By Side Refrigerators
Samsung side-by-side refrigerators come with many new and special features which we will discuss one by one below.
- 5-in-1 Convertibility: As the name suggests, you get 5 different variable modes, (Normal, Extra Fridge, Vacation, Seasonal, and Home Alone). You can convert the refrigerator as per the demand of the situation and save electricity. These different modes are achieved with the help of its Twin Cooling Plus technology. This means both the freezer and fridge sections have their independent cooling system or evaporator. Thereby, it becomes much easier to maintain the optimum temperature inside the refrigerator and the food remains fresh for a longer period.
- Latest Family Hub: Family Hub is a multimedia panel or we can call it a big screen which is installed outside the door of the refrigerator. It’s a smart screen with multiple functionalities that allow you to see what’s inside the refrigerator. You can also listen to your favorite music while cooking, all thanks to its built-in speakers. Also, it recommends recipes as per the food stored inside the refrigerator. Isn’t it cool? Yes right, this is not it here, there are numerous numbers of things you can do with the smart panel. One more thing, there is an application called SmartThings which is developed by Samsung lets you control your family hub, and other Samsung smart appliances with the help of your smartphone.
- AI Energy Mode: This energy mode can save a lot of your refrigerator’s power consumption with the help of Artificial Intelligence (AI). Basically what it does is, track your usage pattern and optimize the internal temperature accordingly which results in energy saving.
- Bespoke Designs: Yes, you also have options to choose from Samsung’s latest and special refrigerator range named “Bespoke”. In the Bespoke range, you will get to see different colors and design options along with a dual-tone design. Isn’t that great?
- Auto Open Door (AOD): As we talked about the Samsung Bespoke refrigerator range, just right above. This AOD (Auto Open Door) feature is exclusively available with that range. This unique technology is developed to ease refrigerator door openings for a user with busy hands. There is a sensor placed on both doors of the refrigerator, which loses the grip of the door as soon as you touch it.
- Curd Maestro+: We all know about the Curd Maestro, a patented technology of Samsung that lets you make a perfect curd at home. But what is this Curd Maestro+? Nothing changed with the perfections of curd, you can still make your perfect curds with the help of Curd Maestro+. The change with this plus is that now you can remove or detach the whole box from the back. With this function, you can create more usable space inside the refrigerator. That’s it.
Also Read: 5 Best Side By Side Refrigerators In India - Unbiased Review
Availability Of Sizes & Colors
The Samsung side-by-side refrigerators with BEE star ratings come in 5 different capacities (615L, 633L, 635L, 644L & 653L). Apart from size, you will also get to see a wide range of color options in it. In which you will get Samsung’s old evergreen look to fresh modern designs and colors.
When we are talking about modern design, we can’t miss its new dual-tone and glass design options. All thanks to the Samsung Bespoke side-by-side refrigerator range, which also comes with BEE star ratings. Let’s further see how much you will have to pay if you want to buy one of these.
Well, due to the changing nature of prices, we can’t include the exact prices of the products here. But for a rough idea, the prices of Samsung side-by-side refrigerators with BEE star rating range from (85,600 to 1,75,000) INR (Indian Rupees).
Note: The prices may vary from the given range above in the future.
When it comes to Energy Efficiency, having a BEE star label on refrigerators becomes a trust factor for consumers. Not only for refrigerators, be it any other electronic appliance with a BEE star rating sold in India.
People are now more aware of energy conservation than before. So, whether it is a small or big appliance in India, people always check for the BEE star label. That was also the main purpose of the Indian government behind forming a BEE. Indian government formed BEE to educate and aware people of energy conservation for the future.
As Samsung has got BEE star ratings for its Convertible 5-in-1 Side-by-side refrigerators, the company has a chance to attract consumers to its Side-By-Side door-type refrigerator. Since larger-size refrigerators like side-by-side doors are not as popular as other smaller-size refrigerators in India.
The icing on the cake is that Samsung became the first brand to acquire a 5-star BEE rating for its side-by-side refrigerator. The tech giant has an edge over its competitors in this refrigerator segment.
Let’s see what the company’s next move is to popularize its large-sized refrigerators among consumers. I hope you liked the article, if so then don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments below.
We will meet you in the next one, Till then, Keep Exploring! 🙂
Was this article helpful?